August 12, 2011

The In-Between

Packing...unpacking...packing...unpacking...packing again?? At this rate, I'm almost becoming professional. This will be my third time in under a year! My problem is the whole starting to pack part...I'm pretty great a putting it off as long as I can. Which may be why I'm writing this...

A little while back, I was home visiting my family. I was talking to my grandma when she said something that, made me laugh at first, but thinking about it now, it is rather true.. She said, "You know Manda, you're at the point in your life where you don't really belong anywhere. I mean, you don't really belong at home anymore because you've moved away. It's more of a place to come visit. But you don't really belong at college either because it's not your permanent stop, you'll be done there in a few years. You're just stuck in the in-between. In between childhood and being all grown up."

She's right. I'm stuck in the in-between. But I'm happily stuck there. I'm going to enjoy it...the up's, down's, packing, unpacking, meeting new people, finding new adventures, learning, laughing, and finding happiness in the journey of it all.

So here's to the in-between! And to all of you others out there stuck in it also! Enjoy it! Be spontaneous, do things that scare you, try things you've never done...before you know it, you'll be "all grown up."

2 comments:

  1. Manda Lee!!! I love you! I LOVE this! Thanks for sharing :) I'm stuck here too.....I really don't wanna start packing, but then again I do cuz that means I get to see YOU! :D loves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true! Here's to enjoying it :) I'm happy we met each other in this in-between stage!

    ReplyDelete

Comments...Are loved!