March 17, 2012

Answered Prayers, Girl Scout Cookies....and Workout Videos.

After such a title...you may be thinking: "What in the world.." But I promise...they are each intertwined!  

I wish I could find the perfect words to describe my thoughts...to sum it up like a simple cherry on top. Yet, since I'm never usually a simple person defined in quick words, any attempt to sum things up would probably come out like a word volcano and make zero sense to anyone. However, I will attempt to put some jumbled words to part of my thoughts... (I can't give it all away....where is the mystery in that? If you're still confused after reading this....sorry about that. Where is the fun in reading if you already know all the answers?)

The past few weeks...I've had so many different things on my mind; so many decisions that I wasn't quite sure how to make. I felt like those moments after a camera has flashed in your face, you can still see, but everything seems a little blurry and unclear. In moments like these...I tend to be quick to self doubt (as most of us are). Which only makes the cycle worse! Resulting in more confusion, slight frustration...and nervous picking on my poor nail beds. 

(Don't worry..Keep reading...this story has a good ending)

Then this past week came about. And I found so much comfort in many different little things...For example.. workout videos. Now before you judge my level of sanity, I'm being serious! Cheesy lines like "Wherever you are...keeping believing in yourself! It's a process, and doesn't all come at once!" Or..."Search inside yourself, everyday make a choice." I know they were meaning them in a completely different way then I took them....but they were still little rays of comfort..

Then today came. A simple few lines on a piece of paper...and I felt so unbelievably relieved. Even though ironically...it should have made things more complicated. The thing I realized most today...is that sometimes...our prayers are answered in completely different ways then we expect. That most of the time....it's about finding the strength (and courage) to accept those answers..and keep seeking more. It doesn't always come at once...tied in a red shiny bow saying, "Hello you lovely person...I am the answer you have been waiting for....and here is a fresh batch of cookies," Though...wouldn't that be a cool delivery!

To top it off....today I came across a stand of girl scout cookies. My favorite! You can't help but feel loved when biting into a delicious samoa cookie.

So even though I still am up in the air about a lot of things, I have no doubt that somehow...everything will work out. And in some ways...I'm rather excited to see how everything will play out..Life has a funny way of surprising you.

It's a good thing I like surprises...

Here's to the future.





1 comment:

  1. i love this blog post! and your attitude about everything :) you're a great example, amanda. seriously.

    ReplyDelete

Comments...Are loved!