November 30, 2011

You know....

I have the best grandparents ever. Hands down. No battle.

Why's that you ask?

Well...mostly because they drove the 2 and 1/2 hours to come see me. (Not many are willing to do that...in case you were wondering). And to fix my bike tire....and take me to lunch. How great is that!

Don't worry....it gets better. You see...the bike was a recent buy that my grandpa found at an auction...and because he can't resist a good deal at any auction. He got it for me to have at college. Adorable? I think so. However....I had a mishap with the air filler upper at the gas station..and may or may not have put a hole in the old tire a while back. So today....we fixed it!


She's a little old....but has personality. She's beautiful!


This wonderful little bell also has a story....in my grandpa's words "Someone just left it in a pile of stuff...I knew we could find a place for it...even if it is as old as me." Now it has a home on my handle bars...and is the coolest sounding bell ever. That's not just because I'm biased.


And they brought my skates!
To top it off.....Squeaky Cheese. Always a stop on their route down here :)

I'm certain that my grandpa still sees me as a little girl, which I don't mind...because it made my entire day. I've never met two people that are so giving, selfless, and funny. They make me feel so loved, as cheesy as that may sound...

Who knew that chinese food, a bike tire, skates, cheese, and a screwdriver could mean so much.

Though...I don't really think it was all of the things that made today great.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda! I love your blog. And your awesome bike. I'm actually quite jealous.

    ReplyDelete

Comments...Are loved!