November 14, 2011

Taking the Plunge

You know that moment when you're standing on the edge of a diving board....you know there is no turning back around, the only choice you have is to jump in....but you know that the water is going to be freezing cold? You know once you jump, you're going to have to face the cold and still somehow keep swimming? That's sort of how I feel about the rest of this week... I don't really feel too prepared for it..but since there is no turning back, I might as well just jump in right? Mostly I think I'd like to stay in my bed for the week, but I don't think that was one of the options..

In light of Thanksgiving though, I thought I'd list some of the things I've been grateful for the past couple of weeks..
1. To have room mates who laugh til it hurts and go on silly adventures with me, even if that involves walking in the snow for a real long time in pj's.
2. Having the chance to see my nieces and nephew....they're pretty much the cutest things ever.
3. For warm socks....I'm almost certain my toes are going to be frozen over by December
4. Getting mail from Uncle Howard, not only is mail one of my favorite things, he's just pretty great. He knows how to cheer a person up without even trying
5. I had something great to put for number five....but alas...all I can think of is how excited I am to go to sleep tonight....so with that, I'm thankful for a bed that no longer breaks when I sleep on it!

Here is also the wise words I heard this week...."And it came to pass.." It didn't come to stay. No matter what we're going through....it will pass. It isn't set in stone or permanent. Even if it means having to swim through frigid waters...(slight exaggeration again...oopps), we always end up moving past it.

With that said....

Rest of the week, bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...Are loved!