June 17, 2012

Father's Day...

Is usually one of those times when people act a little awkward around me....or try to skirt around the subject of fathers in general like saying the wrong thing will offend me.. Which is far from true. I enjoy talking about fathers.

True I don't really have a "father" around in the typical sense....

But you know what? I'm even luckier. I've been blessed to have a handful of really great "fathers" in my life who have impacted my life in more ways then I can count. And for that...I am incredibly grateful. 

Especially for my grandpa..who has helped me to know what a father is and should be. Words wouldn't do justice for all of the things he has done for me. He has been there for literally every step of my life....and has believed in me through everything. I look up to him so much. His love, selflessness, humor, determination and faith are just a few reasons I hope to be like him when I grow up...  They really don't come much better. 

To him and the others who have had a hand in helping me get to where I am...Happy Father's Day! I'm glad there is a whole day set aside to celebrate your greatness. You deserve it.

Talk about a slightly old picture! But alas..all I could find...


Also...I love this song...and since it's Sunday...what a great time to share it!

2 comments:

  1. Um...I was listening to that song all morning yesterday. We must be roommates. Great post. I feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EXACTLY how I feel! It is because of his amazing example that I am with the man I am today.

    ReplyDelete

Comments...Are loved!