June 7, 2012

Vast Measures...

First of all, before continuing to read, keep this in mind:
 (This was found under the notes of nerd in the dictionary)
"A geek  is any smart person with an obsessive interest, a nerd  is the same but also lacks social grace, and a dweeb  is a mega-nerd"

After reading this, you might slightly classify me under one of those....So I'm going to hope for geek, as pitiful as that may sound. 

Anyway, over the past couple weeks, I have developed a slight irrational fear of my brain turning to mush this summer. Mostly because I sit at a desk for approximately 8 hours a day. And let me tell you...with listening to the clock tick and watching the plants grow, my mind was in definite danger of melting...

Granted....I do love my job. Especially the people I work with. And occasionally, I do exciting things like....answer the phone, shred paper, or make copies. On a good day, there are even some projects needing completion or interesting [enlightening] discussions. Though...most often that leaves about 6 hours to fill..

Now, not to worry, I haven't simply been watching the plants grow the entire summer. I mean, I've watched a fair share of movies and read a handful of books....But I felt like I needed something to make me think...

So first, I brought my old notes from past classes....And that was a great change...

For a couple days. 

Then I visited the library! Oh how I love libraries! (If I'm, ever jobless and kicked out of school....I would look into being a a librarian. Or a wal-mart greeter...but that's beside the point). After paying my long overdue fine...(oops..) I checked out Les Miserables.

1463 pages of  pure anti-brain mushing powers.

And as nerdy/geeky as it is....I can't wait.

Only 1362 pages to go!

1 comment:

  1. HOLY LORDY!!!!!!!!!!!! Just looking at that book made my brain hurt haha I am going to stick to facebooking in my free time!

    ReplyDelete

Comments...Are loved!