March 17, 2013

Summer Fever..

After recovering from our past sickness.....I've developed another condition. Some would call it Summer Fever

With the weather being up in the 90's here.....I find myself day dreaming of eating otter pops on the porch, camping, making s'mores.....and jumping into the pool. The weather has been beautiful! Part of me fears, with the weather this warm in March, I'll definitely turn into a roasted human by the summer. 

However, my Summer Fever has increased after spending a great weekend with family! Paul, Lisa and Christian made the trek to Vegas to spend the weekend with us. It's always so fun to have them visit. This time, we barbecued by the pool, watched a movie, went on a hike, visited the park, stumbled across a random St. Patrick's Day parade. We ate lots of yummy food, swam in the pool (still a little on the icy side!) and took a dip in the hot tub. Also, cue the drumroll.....currently I'm the reigning winner of Phase 10 (An amazing feat in itself! I'm taking autographs for awed fans....) 

It was a perfect weekend spent with some of our favorite people! I even managed to get my first sunburn of the year. Being with them made me wish we had countless summer evenings to spend....


Developing some barbecue skills!


Two of the funniest, kindest, caring people you'll meet...

The Pretend Outdoors Hike....right in the middle of Henderson

Stumbled across this gem of a parade!

In Vegas.....you never cease to be surprised. 


With the weekend coming to a close....I'll need to start looking for a treatment for such fevers. If you have any ideas...feel free to share! 

Though on the plus side....less then a week until we visit Colorado!  And after that....Easter! 



1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA!! That one chick in the parade looks likes shes lost the set of pirate of the carribean

    ReplyDelete

Comments...Are loved!