February 25, 2015

More Than Enough.

A little over a month ago, we were kneeling to pray in the evening with David's lovely aunt and cousins. His cousin began praying.....and something he said has stuck with me ever since. I think of it almost daily.

He said simply..."We are grateful that we have enough."

When he said this....I was struck so strongly by the spirit. Enough. That word seemed to replay in my mind over and over. At that point, we were just beginning to find out all of the news about our beautiful little baby...and feeling so many different emotions.

At the time, I was feeling like there was so much I wanted to be different. I wanted the doctors to find answers. I didn't want our baby to be facing such difficult trials. There were so many things I wished I could change. I think so many of my thoughts began with "I want..."

I was focusing so much on what I wanted to be different....that I was almost forgetting the wonderful abundance of good we have.

Sometimes, in life.....we might not having absolutely everything we want. We may not have the latest....coolest electronics. We may fall ill. We can break a bone. We might not have the perfect job, the perfect home.....all of the money we want.....or the ease of life we think we want.

But.....I know from my own personal reflection, when you take a step back....you realize that you have enough. 

Enough to get you through every day.  Enough to be happy. Enough to fill your whole soul with love and peace.

Heavenly Father has a beautiful plan for each one of us. At times, when we are struggling...it may not seem so perfect. However....if we continue moving forward....we eventually begin to see what He sees. We see the brilliant rays of happiness that enter our life. In the end...His path for us is much greater than anything we can plan for ourselves.

I am beyond blessed to have an amazing husband. (I know...I sound like a broken record.....but I can't ever fully express how much he means to me!) We have a place to live. Food to eat. Goals we are striving for. The strength of our Heavenly Father. We have received an outpouring of love and support from our family and friends.. And we are pregnant with a perfect little gift from God. We love her more than we could have ever imagined!

And for me....that is enough. My cup runneth over.

For those of you who want an update on our baby...we don't have any 'new' news. We cannot completely know the outcome until our little girl is born. Our doctors have been wonderful in working with us. For now, David and I are continuing to trust in God. We are filled with hope. 

There is power is prayer. There is power in believing in miracles. We would ask that you keep our little girl in your prayers! She still has a couple months of growing to do....time for certain parts of her little brain to keep growing. Time for her to defy all kinds of odds.

We love happy, sunny days!


We got the best visit from my sister and her kids!! Oh, how we love them!

We decided to check out lots of books from the library. We want our little girl to know in advance how much she is loved. (Plus...who doesn't secretly love to read children's books?)

As you can tell....I am still growing! There are days when I can't imagine getting bigger than I am now... Things like exercise and sleep are at times a distant memory.


3 comments:

  1. You are the the most beautiful pregnant woman, children books rock and whoot the goodness of the Lord! Great post! You, David and Your miracle Baby are in our prayers! God is good, miracles happen and you are right there is POWER in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put you and David on the temple prayer roll last night. Prayers always for your little girl! I love you, Amanda. You are such an incredible example of strength, faith, and courage! I hope to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every one of your blogs fills me with love and hope. This was beautifully written and absolutely correct in every way possible!

    By the way, you are way too adorable with that pregnancy glow and bump!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments...Are loved!