March 31, 2015

Lifted.

My heart is so full. 

I'm 8 months pregnant....and healthy. 

We have felt the prayers of so many people on our behalf and for our little girl. I wish I could adequately express how thankful I am for the support of so many people. Between the cards, little notes, baby showers, texts and phone calls....I don't even know where to begin to express my gratitude.

Trials come in all shapes and sizes. And I have come to realize how grateful I am for our situation. (Thankful for a trial? I know....I must be crazy...). But we have felt such an outpouring of love...and we have come to love our little girl even more as a result.

After this week, we begin to jump into the sea of unknown that awaits us.  It is crazy to think that within the next two months....all of our questions...all of the unknown we are facing....will have an answer. David finishes his last rotation here...and then we will head to Salt Lake for the last month of our pregnancy to be closer to the doctors working with us. During this time, David will continue interviewing for potential jobs.....preparing to take his board exams....and preparing to graduate.

We know the outcome of our little girl's life is uncertain. We know this could possibly be a long road for her. However....the past few weeks especially....David and I have felt a powerful sense of hope. 

I know some people are afraid of us getting our hopes up too high....afraid that we will be disappointed or heartbroken....

But I have come to realize something. That doesn't matter. What matters is where David and I stand.

Christ's miracles are real. Both David and I have seen far too many in our lives to doubt that. In fact, David's whole life is a miracle....that he is here and healthy and graduating with his doctorate

I am sure that when Christ said He could heal the blind.....cause the deaf to see.....or the lame to walk..there were plenty of people who thought it couldn't be done. Not because they were bad or because they didn't want those things to happen....but because it seemed far to great. Impossible even.

Regardless of doubt....He did perform each of those miracles. And because He is the same yesterday, today and forever....I have no doubt that He can perform a miracle for our little girl.

Because He already has. Being pregnant....feeling her move....seeing her (and myself!) grow....is a miracle. Our little girl has a purpose, we know that beyond a shadow of doubt. As her parents.....we will continue to believe in her with our entire hearts.  I am learning more every day what that truly means.

We will also continue to believe that we will be guided to where we need to be. That David will get a job that will be the perfect fit for our family. That he will be able to do all that is required of him the next month and a half.

We will continue to wait in faith. Knowing that we are carried, and lifted. 

So....to all of you who have been there for us...

To our family....who have let us pour out all of our emotions, housed us, fed us, supported us, or laughed with us. To our friends.....who have showed us such unbiased love and kindness. To our ward families, both old and current.....who have kept track of us.....and kept us afloat with their words of support. To both of our bosses.....who have put up with the roller coaster of our emotions....and have continued to believe in us.....To those who have stumbled across our blog and sent words of comfort...

I thank you. I thank you with everything in my heart. You may never read this.... But it is because of each of you that we have also been continually lifted. You may never know the impact your sweet words, prayers and actions have had on us.

Please continue it. It is powerful. And we have needed it. Never underestimate the power of your prayers for others. Prayer never falls on empty ears. There is One who hears and strengthens. 



This video is incredibly powerful! If you have ever had a moment...small or great of struggle..watch this. It is beautiful. 

It was so much fun taking these. Thanks to the lovely Shauna Brown for taking our photos. And for feeding us. And housing us....
The list could go on and on! 


I am one lucky girl!


Remember how we think we're funny? David's face kills me....with that much excitement....our little girl couldn't be loved more!

The best thing about this next month will be in seeing David be a daddy. He will be the worlds best. Hands down. He already does so much for us!


4 comments:

  1. Amanda I am so very sorry to hear the heart break you are going through. Reading your blog I have realized what an amazing young woman you have become. The love, faith and trust you have in our Lord is inspirational. You are such a strong woman. I have no idea how to get a hold of you but please if you ever need anything at all I would hope you will call or text. 775-388-0113. Please anytime. I sure miss all of you guys. How is Amber and your mom. Thankfully I get to see the boys every once in a while. I wish I could see you girls as well. Take care Amanda and my prayers and love is with you and your wonderful family. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, what cute photos! I LOVE them. They're so adorable. Really. You guys are awesome -- so much faith and courage. You're such great examples!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your little girl I need your address so I can send you a card. She will be loved greatly I can already see that her parents will be awesome and have the best childhood. I really hope it goes very well with you as a mommy it certainly is fun. love ya and have a great last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to met little bean!! You both are amazing parents LOVE the photos! All our lives are blessed abundantly so much through your words. You, David and your precious daughter are spreading hope and love!!! Thank you for letting us all experience and see God work in your life. Your words that have comforted me personally so much. So many Lives and so much faith has been strengthen through your daughter and shes is not even born yet. Whoot!! Can you just imagine what she is going to do once shes born :) I can't wait!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments...Are loved!