May 2, 2016

Celebrating You.

Happy Birthday Adalyn Grace!

It's getting late....but I had to write down a few things about your special day...and about today.

You had big plans for us upon coming into this world.

You were born at 6:24 am on a Saturday.... weighing 7lbs 8oz.... at 19.5 inches long.


I could go on about all of the emotions that were building up to your arrival...but maybe another time. I was in labor with you for over 15 hours. I think you knew how much we would need that perfect weekend with you before the we stepped into uncharted waters.

I will never forget the moment of hearing you cry right after you were born. To know you were alive brought me immediately to tears. When I first got to go back and see you....I was certain there had never been a more beautiful little girl. I was in absolute awe to see you.....I thought my heart would burst when I first felt you squeeze my finger....soon after I finally got to hold you in my arms. We had no idea of anything that was to come...All we could feel was pure happiness and love...and that was more than enough....it was perfect.


This is one of my favorite pictures of that day... Seeing the love just pour out of your Daddy as he looked at you melts my heart. So many emotions lie in his face . He loves you so much!








We wanted to celebrate you today my darling.... So we threw you a princess party! We had some dear friends and family help us celebrate. I sure hope you loved it. It was beautiful. It was good for my heart to set everything up. Daddy and I felt like it was time spent with you. My favorite part was singing happy birthday to you and releasing you balloons.

We've shed a lot of tears today....missing you so. We've also shed tears of gratitude. Tears of happiness. We've felt your comfort...and felt you near. Our heart has been so full of so many emotions today. Many people shared with us today the way you have touched their lives. It meant so much to us. Do you know how powerful your sweet spirit is? You continue to inspire so many with your light Addie baby.

As much as I wish with all my heart that we could still have you in our arms, I want you to know how grateful we are for your beautiful life.

So today, here are my wishes for you.

I wish for time to pass quickly.
I wish for you to run as far as your sweet legs can carry you.
I wish for you to see all of the beautiful, vibrant colors around you with both of your amazing eyes.
I wish for you to always feel safe and comforted.
I wish for you to know how special you truly are.
I wish for you to be filled with the greatest happiness.
I wish for you to how deeply you are loved, especially by Daddy and I.
I wish for your love to continue to carry us through each long day without you.

I am so grateful that I get to be your mommy Addie Grace. You have taught us so much this past year sweet girl.... Lessons we will spend a lifetime learning from. We are so proud of you.... And though our hearts ache for you...we are glad that you no longer have to struggle with such many pains anymore.

So happy birthday Adalyn! God gave us the best gift in the world when He sent you to us. In Daddy's words..."We try to be better because of you."

We love you my darling!


P.S.... I was sort of  terrible at taking pictures of your party. I will have find the others later. For now...here are a few pictures. Though...I'm certain you were there the whole time, you know exactly how beautiful everything was!



We made a stop at your grave!


We had so many balloons in the car...we could barely see Tyson!


2 comments:

  1. I bet she really loved her party :) We love you, Adalyn! Happy birthday beautiful girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amanda! I haven't spoken to you in ages but I regularly read your blog. Your faith is inspiring. I lost my brother a few months ago and I've had a hard time keeping it together. I admire you and your family. Happy birthday Adalyn.

    ReplyDelete

Comments...Are loved!