August 3, 2012

C'est la vie!

A little over two years ago...my little white car came into my life. Alas...right from the beginning...she had her problems...but I was certain we could work through them..

Flash forward two more years and we've reach the end of my young cars life. Seeing how the past two years  have been a plethora of car problems...one after another....I've decided it's a good thing. My poor brother-in-law has been frequently greeted with, "Rusty! I've missed you....how are things? Oh...and also...my car is making a weird noise....I tried to turn the radio up so it would go away...but...." And then he would proceed to fix whatever ailment my car had decided to have. 

It would be safe to say that my car was a little temperamental. Who knows...maybe it's because her last owners tried to fill her with popcorn kernels... (You may think I'm joking...but that's what we found under the hood).

However, even with my car reaching an untimely death....I'm so blessed to have so many incredible people in my life so willing to help. Of course my grandparents fall under that category. As soon as my grandparents found out....my grandpa was ready to head straight down here..but I reasoned a couple extra days wouldn't hurt. I think he was worried about my over productive tear ducts...and wanted to save the day. 

As lucky as I am, I got to spend yesterday hanging out with my grandparents and my little cousin. They brought me a loving bag of pears and of course, my grandpas favorite....squeaky cheese.We sold my car to a local car place....and before leaving...my grandpa give me the wise counsel..."Manda, just give it one final kick to the tire."

So I did. And felt much better. 

Afterwards, we went to the museum here in Cedar. Often I think my grandpa still views me as a little girl, and wanted to make sure I was happy before he left. Which, by all means was perfect in my book. 
At the museum! 
I absolutely loved it. I got to spend time talking with my grandma as my grandpa went around from place to place and bringing up the old days. Which...on a different note....I think it's sad that we don't spend much time thinking about everything that the people of the past have done for us. I don't think I would have lasted long as a pioneer...their strength is amazingly inspiring.

Overall though, I feel blessed. Life may be pretty good at throwing curve balls....but most of the time, it ends up being a blessing in disguise. Even if you're no good at baseball (like myself)....Someone else gives you a bat that's big enough to hit the ball...no matter how terrible your swing.

As for me, I got to spend the day hearing an assortment of my grandpas hilarious, yet sometimes  incredibly insightful "one liners." Not only that.....but my grandma just has a way of making every situation seem better by finding all of the good things that come as a result. 

So long little car! 

But.. thanks for at least a couple of years! Hopefully you'll find new friends in car heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...Are loved!